For my tile, I focused on revealing the look and feel of what we would expect from wood in its most natural state. Since the wood that I bought was really processed and smooth in the first place, on one end of it, I intensified that characteristic through heating it as much as possible to obtain an evenly blackened and glossy surface. On the contrasting end, a chisel and hammer was used to reveal a rough and more organic surface, replicating how wood would naturally look like. In this project, I realised the importance of experimenting instead of visioning what would happen because more often than not, the result was different from what I expected. Eventually I made the most progress when I approached the project ‘blindly’ during the period of experiementation.