DSDN141 | 1.01
Tuesday 23 July 2013 @ 23:27
0 comments / + add comment




Set 1 // Played around with plastic.



I tried melt two different pieces of plastic and merging them together. Quite disappointed that it did not turn out the way I wanted it to. Thought I might be able to get the two plastic to blend, but it basically just layered on top of each other.



While melting the plastic, I realised I could very easily stretch and mould it while it is hot and allow it to harden again in any shape or form. I really like how the final piece of plastic could be shaped to look very fluid, almost like water, but is hard to the touch. However, I found out that this transparent plastic bubbles when heated, and I could not prevent the bubbles from forming as the plastic hardens again.



Moved to a white opaque plastic sheet this time. Unlike the transparent ones, it does not bubble. However, it does yellow which was not too attractive. Do not know how to prevent that, so for the mean time, I confined the heating to one side so there is one side that looks clean. I also used a heat gun this time, which allows for more control when shape different areas of the plastic to suit the aesthetic I was going for.

Labels:






Comment(s):

Post a Comment