DSDN111| 3.10 Summary
Monday 17 June 2013 @ 21:57
0 comments / + add comment




For my model, I focused on using basic geometric shapes throughout. The clean lines it gives appeals to me aesthetically compared to a busier or more intricate look. By using such shapes also allow the model to be easy to look at which is useful because I wanted to create a model with movements that were straightforward and easily to manipulate, like those one would find in children's wooden toys. Hence a large part of the model was made to sit on the surface while the user manipulated a small piece of it, with the different shaped holes throughout guiding its path from start to end.

I feel slightly disappointed with the final model I handed in because it is definitely not developed fully. There are so many parts which did not turn out the way I wanted it to, so I spent a little more time in my presentation drawing to express the look and feel that I had originally intended but did not have the time to create. For example, I wanted to make it such that when viewing the model from the side, one would only see a 'mountain' shape (top left in the presentation drawing), with the wire and moving part totally concealed in the form. However, the grooves I created for the wire to lie in was not deep enough so the moving piece still pops out in the rest position.

In this projects, I have learnt the importance of time management and finding alternate faster ways to complete something without having to go through the longer route because it would be detrimental in the long run.

Labels:






Comment(s):

Post a Comment