DSDN111 | 2.09 Project summary
Monday 13 May 2013 @ 10:29
0 comments / + add comment




For my model I focused on the contrast between fluid forms and straight lines. While working with this contrast, I wanted to make it such that the juxtaposition of fluid and straight lines were subtle so it becomes part of the detail in the model. With the skin material, I layered pieces of skin material together so that they work together to form a fluid shape instead of flat curved layers. With the wire, evenly spaced bents were put in. By having it framing the fluid shape it creates a contrast, but because the wire is not one straight line, the effect is quite subtle.

In this project I have learnt to think about multiple material simultaneously in a single model. It was quite difficult in the beginning because in Project 1, the models were all of one material, I ended up with many models where the wire was just acting as a skewer. As I progressed with the project, I learnt to think in a wider perspective.

Labels:






Comment(s):

Post a Comment