DSDN101 | 2.01
Friday 3 May 2013 @ 00:09
0 comments / + add comment




Brainstorming of some initial ideas and symbols to use in my pattern. For my chinese culture, I wanted to concentrate on the idea of geometry because it also related to my personal style with its clean lines and shape. For my Singaporean identity, I looked into objects that had significance to my country. I looked at the Merlion which is a famous tourist attraction and also had a very interesting and quirky quality to it (half lion and half fish). I also looked at the orchid which is Singapore's national flower. It also ties to my chinese heritage, as flowers have long had a great presence in the culture and art. In the chinese culture, Orchids represents wealth and fortune. The ancient Chinese philosopher Confucius also added to the positive symbolism attached to the orchid, writing of it as a "flower of noble characte."

Labels:






Comment(s):

Post a Comment